Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade Expert 120 to 140/220 Pro?
(04-Nov-2020, 15:41)Flashman Wrote:
(04-Nov-2020, 09:18)Cwhtam Wrote: I just complete my upgrade process and received the 220pro. I am using Atohm GT1 (i.e. upgrade from the ensemble 120 kit).

I have in mind my apartment has the limitation on glass wall and uneven shape, the sound from 220 has a more appealing mid to low range. High end is similar to 120 - clear. As I don’t have pre-out in 120, I use the high-pass with REL, now I switch to pre-out to connect to REL. There are less confusion on the bass section while maintain the same sound stage with sub-woofer.
Spotify and AirPlay works flawless in my setup, no issue at all with WIFI setup.

Overall experience, worth the upgrade.
In the past, before I moved to Vivid Audio speakers, I paired my Devialet 200 and then Devialet Expert 220 Pro with the Atohm GT1.  What a great little speaker!  I highly recommend that you use SAM with the GT1.  I believe it was the original speaker that Devialet used when it created SAM profiles.  I used SAM at 100 percent on the GT1 but you might find a lower percentage works better for you.
Indeed, the GT1 was the first speaker to be SAMed and used to demonstrate SAM. 

An other consideration in favor of the 220 is that increasing the power is particularly beneficial for SAM.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade Expert 120 to 140/220 Pro? - by Jean-Marie - 04-Nov-2020, 21:48