Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220
@zoran_pavlovic ,

Your room sounds as if its floor area is around 25% larger than mine and, given I was using a 130 with my Dyns, I think your 220 is large enough. 2 metres from the wall behind them is more than Dynaudio recommend but it's also the distance I had mine from the wall behind them. I think you may lose a little reinforcement in the bass but you'll be losing less than you may think and I actually found the top end and the sense of space and imaging was better at that distance from the wall than had been the case in my previous room where I had them around 1 metre from the wall. I think Dyns benefit from being out in the open.

I haven't tried DSP correction in my audio system but the room is acoustically treated. I do use DSP in my separate AV system in another room which is built around a Marantz AVR with Audyssey. DSP correction and physical acoustic treatments work differently and do some different things and based on my experience with only 2 setups I prefer physical treatment but that can be difficult in a living room (my audio system is in a room that is only used for the audio system) and DSP is a good option where physical treatment isn't an option. Actually the best option may be a combination of both. You can now use Devialet's Sweet Room option for DSP correction but you will only have access to a limited number of filters if you're also using SAM. While both physical treatment and DSP can make big improvements, both improve on the result you're getting without them. The better the result you're getting without them, the better the result you'll get with them. Get a good setup result first and then improve on that with DSP and/or physical treatments rather than starting from a poor setup result and trying to fix that by DSP and/or physical treatments.

I actually used an Aries Mini with the Auralic LPS for a while before moving to an Antipodes server with Roon and then to my Roon Nucleus+. I much prefer Roon's interface and the options it provides for searches based on recording metadata, plus I appreciate the way it integrates Tidal with my library. It was actually a trial of Roon software on my desktop Mac that persuaded me to swap from the Aries Mini to a Roon system, rip my entire CD collection to a server, and to run an entirely server based system rather than playing most music from a disc player.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220 - by David A - 28-Nov-2020, 21:34
RE: Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220 - by Axel - 03-Dec-2020, 08:33