Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220
Pozdrav, zemljak Wink

Prior to Devialet I had Parasound Halo A21 which is also A class in first 7W. Devialet is far from standard D class. It doesn't sound like D class at all.

Warm = colored Wink
That is basically the voicing of old Dynaudio speakers - increased energy in mid-bass frequency range, a little decreased energy in treble range. Dynaudio has changed a bit its "house" sound with recent models.

You can try to increase warmth in your system with speaker positioning - the goal is to increase the mid-bass range.

I havent heard Evoke series yet, but I know very well how Contour and Confidence lines sound. I also have Excite and Emit as a part of surround system. Confidence, Excite and Emit have pretty similar voicing with more open sound and more energy in higher frequencies compared with Contours and even more compared with the old Dynaudio models. That can be pretty clearly seen on measurements.

I have listened to Confidence 30 with Moon 700i v2 (Mladja Vox). It sounds really great, but I still prefer the sound of my combo - it has more transparency, dynamics, resolution, "air", even 3D... I haven't tried Moon in my room and of course, the room is very important part of the Hi-Fi chain - if not the most important. I also use subwoofers in my system, but not to change basic voicing, but to bring more quality and control to bass/sub-bass region and to solve room issues below ~70 Hz.

Speaking of cables...
I've tried different speaker cables and despite some talks that Devialet is not so sensitive to cables - I can't really agree with that. E.g. WireWorld Silver Eclipse 7 sounds very "lean" and even "metallic". It does bring a lot of resolution, details and "air", but sound loses its "body" - acoustic guitar sounds like it's made of metal. I didn't expect that cable can bring so significant difference. I'm pretty sure that WW would be great match in some systems - not in this. In the end, Transparent Ultra Gen 5 cables stayed in system. It's not the most open, revealing and airy cable (like e.g. Nordost Tyr), but it's not trying to be. It has great resolution combined with high musicality and fluidity with deep and wide 3D soundstage.

Back to positioning and room...
Some measurements could show what are the exact issues (if there are any) in your system and room.
Yes, I know that audiophiles don't like measurements Smile, but a lot can be seen by just looking at the measurements - especially below ~200-300 Hz.

p.s. Mozemo i da se cujemo telefonom, ako mislis da mogu nekako da ti pomognem.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220 - by Delija - 30-Nov-2020, 14:53
RE: Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220 - by Axel - 03-Dec-2020, 08:33