Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220
(01-Dec-2020, 09:49)David A Wrote: You can measure the results in the same way that you measure the room in the first place in order to decide what adjustments you're going to make. You've git exactly  the same problem if you use Devialet's Sweet Room.

How can you measure response with applied Roon PEQs using REW? That is mandatory, because simulation of final result is not good enough, as I already wrote.
On the other side, you can do that easily with Sweet Room or any other external DSP - between source and Devialet or between Devialet and external amp.

Speaking of DSPs, of course it is used for different purposes, but there are always audible artifacts when FR is changed - even if it is limited only to lower frequencies, e.g. below Schroeder frequency. No matter if PEQs, Dirac, Anthem ARC, Room Perfect, Trinnov or some other room correction algorithm is used. With some more than with others. It can be easily heard in systems with high level of transparency, resolution and dynamics and with proper audio material. Whether the benefits of room correction are greater than the drawbacks made by these artifacts - it's up to a person / system / room. In my case, I choose path as clean as possible on main speakers and do corrections only on subwoofers. One thing I cannot avoid - using high pass filter on main speakers, but I find Devialet's HP filter pretty good - its effects on the rest of the frequency range are really minor and in this case benefits are much bigger than drawbacks.

Long story short - usage of (automatic) room correction or manual PEQs in high level Hi-Fi systems should be avoided if possible. Speaker (and listener) positioning and room treatments should be priority.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220 - by Delija - 01-Dec-2020, 15:17
RE: Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220 - by Axel - 03-Dec-2020, 08:33