Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220
@Delija

You can measure the response with applied Roon PEQs in exactly the same way you measured it without the PEQs. Roon itself gives you no way to measure its output, you have to use your own mic and software, and you need a test track of some kind. If you use something like a white or pink noise track stored in your Roon library as your test signal for your initial measurements without PEQ, then you can also play that track again with the PEW adjustments active and measure the result in the same way as you made your initial measurements.

I agree with you that speaker and listening position setup should be priority, and I have a preference for physical room treatments, my room is treated with physical treatments and has no electronic room correction, but I do believe that electronic correction processes are a useful option for those who don't want to use physical treatments and/or who cannot set their speakers and listening position up optimally because of constraints on the use of the room. Yes, there there can be audible effects but they may well be smaller than the audible problems which your digital processing corrects and if that is the case, then DSP is a useful and effective technique and for many it is going to be the technique of choice for quite valid reasons. This isn't a black and white question, DSP is not something to be avoided at all costs. Like everything else, it is something to be used judiciously when appropriate to the circumstances and any problems it causes are often less detrimental than the problems it fixes.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220 - by David A - 01-Dec-2020, 21:26
RE: Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220 - by Axel - 03-Dec-2020, 08:33