Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220
(02-Dec-2020, 21:37)Delija Wrote: These are the measurements of my ex Dynaudio Contour 60s, full range, without subwoofers - with SAM 50% and without SAM. FR with SAM 0% is exactly the same as without SAM - what cannot be seen on FR (and what can be easily seen when subwoofers are being integrated) is phase shift which SAM introduces in both cases - 0% and 50%. It would be interesting to see phase and impulse measurements with REW.

[Image: 2020-02-03-07-52-12-Dynaudio-Full-Range-...t-5d-B.png]

It's interesting that the results with SAM off and SAM at 0% are identical apart from the phase correction. Floyd Toole states in his book "Sound Reproduction - Loudspeakers and Rooms" that phase correction in the bass can result in up to half an octave of bass extension and I was interested in seeing whether there was any extension at a setting of 0%.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220 - by Axel - 03-Dec-2020, 08:33
RE: Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220 - by David A - 03-Dec-2020, 10:08