Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more dropouts streaming Roon RAAT over gigabit ethernet
@thumb5 ,

I agree totally that this sort of problem arises in a system of components and software and that interactions cannot and should not be ignored but in this case it's impossible to avoid several facts:

- Roon have stated that the cause of the problem does not lie with their software;

- Devialet have not contradicted Roon;

- Devialet have accepted that it is a problem with their software and have been working to fix the problem.

For several months after Devialet released their FW update in February 2019 bringing RAAT connectivity and this problem first started being reported we had exhaustive discussion here on DevialetChat over several months about the issue and what the cause might be. That discussion came to an end after Roon stated that the problem wasn't in their software and Devialet acknowledged the problem as their responsibility. I think we can accept that both companies did the kind of investigations you suggest and came to the same conclusion, the cause of the problem resides somewhere in Devialet's firmware. I don't think there's any problem in stating that it's a Devialet problem if both companies in their statements on the issue and their actions in relation to the issue have accepted that the problem needs to be fixed by Devialet.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: No more dropouts streaming Roon RAAT over gigabit ethernet - by David A - 09-Dec-2020, 22:56