Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more dropouts streaming Roon RAAT over gigabit ethernet
(09-Dec-2020, 22:30)thumb5 Wrote: I think there's a danger in simply saying that the problem "belongs" to anyone.  The failure may only arise for certain combinations of hardware and software, and a handful of hardware manufacturers and software developers will have produced those components.  Only when the right intersection of components is put together will the problem result in a failure, so it can't truly be said to "belong" to any single hardware or software developer.  The fact that a failure is only reproducible when component X is used doesn't mean that it's caused by a defect in X: it may be a fault in component Y which is only manifested by some interaction with X.  You can only say the problem belongs to a specific component when the root cause is known, and even then it may not be a cut-and-dried decision.

I agree, given that some people don't get the issue makes me wary or putting all the blame on Devialet, especially given how variable PC OS builds are compared to the firmware + config in the amps. The recent firmware upgrade improved things, it's almost usable for me now, so with some bugs fixed fresh experiments are needed. As someone who fixes code I know just how hard it is to keep looking for problems in your own code once you have proved there is a problem at the other end of a chain, but the other system being wrong does not make yours perfect, though it can make it almost impossible to debug.

Does anyone with Rock have this problem now?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution

Messages In This Thread
RE: No more dropouts streaming Roon RAAT over gigabit ethernet - by Soniclife - 10-Dec-2020, 18:00