Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vivid Audio B1 or 1.5 with D220Pro
I also use a set of Vivid Audio B1 Decades with my Devialet 440PRO. I started off a set of B1's and then later had the opportunity to upgrade to the B1 Decades. The biggest improvement moving from the B1 to the B1 decades was the bass performance. The B1 has a SAM profile but not the B1 Decades, seeing as these were limited production special editions. Even without the the SAM profile, the B1 Decades' bass was both tighter and deeper thanks to a mid/bass driver from the Giya range and a more sturdy enclosure.

Below is a photo of my listening room. You will see that the B1 (both the standard and Decade) has twin coupled bass drivers, one front facing and the other rear facing. Both get the same signal but the rear one is attenuated above 100hz so it only supports with low bass output. The B1 therefore has quite a bit more bass response than the V1.5.

[Image: IMG-3901.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3902.jpg]

The Devialet and Vivid combination is a good one, the sound that you get is pretty uncoloured and accurate. If you like sound that is syrupy and sweet you won't like the combination, but then again you won't own a Devialet.

Build quality on these B1 Decades is stellar. One of the best systems I have heard to date was a set of Giya G1 Spirits driven by a pair of D-Premiers in dual mono.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vivid Audio B1 or 1.5 with D220Pro - by Drifter - 10-Jan-2021, 14:03
Vivid Audio B1 or 1.5 with D220Pro - by no32 - 08-Apr-2021, 13:45