Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound distortion on companion
Since you have a Pro you have the luxury to be able to swap the two and see whether the problem stays on the 'companion' (Right) side or it swaps to the left. If it swaps to the left, that would be a good indicator of a fault in what you now use as the companion, or the cables connecting the two.

If it stays on the right, it could be, as @mdconnelly says, a configurator issue or it could be the source. Does it happen on all sources is a question to ask yourself. I had distortion once when my Mac mini got overheated. It wasn't obvious at first as it slowly occurred, but I wasn't enjoying the music as much as I normally did, possibly indicating there was a slight bit of distortion underlying already.

It can also be your speaker. They're fairly new. If there's an issue with speakers, it's more likely to show up in the first few months than later in its life. Swapping channels for a bit can help to sort that out.

Hope that helps.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Sound distortion on companion - by Delija - 09-Jan-2021, 18:45
Sound distortion on companion - by ghosttipper - 09-Jan-2021, 19:02
RE: Sound distortion on companion - by Delija - 09-Jan-2021, 20:28
RE: Sound distortion on companion - by ogs - 09-Jan-2021, 20:48
RE: Sound distortion on companion - by Delija - 09-Jan-2021, 21:12
RE: Sound distortion on companion - by Delija - 09-Jan-2021, 21:47
RE: Sound distortion on companion - by Pim - 09-Jan-2021, 23:38
RE: Sound distortion on companion - by Delija - 10-Jan-2021, 00:06
RE: Sound distortion on companion - by Delija - 10-Jan-2021, 01:37
Sound distortion on companion - by ghosttipper - 11-Jan-2021, 18:47
RE: Sound distortion on companion - by Delija - 11-Jan-2021, 19:10