Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Definitive answer on DOS2 and sound change?
(09-Apr-2021, 16:19)ragwo Wrote:
(09-Apr-2021, 15:33)AceOfBass Wrote:
(13-Jan-2021, 10:24)eladeb Wrote: I bet that there was changes along the way.
But its individual...it depends on hundred of things like room variables, the music you play ,the source you play from,what kind of breakfast you eat that morning (:

I stopped long time ago to find the sub nuance on every update.

My question is much simpler: everything else being equal, does DOS 2 change the sound?

Yes or no?!

And if it does. How? Frequency response? Equalisation? Crossover frequency?

It's a super simple question.

A super simple question that's super hard to answer as long as Devialet hasn't mention anything about a change of frequency response/voicing/crossover frequency etc. in the release notes, ever. You'll have to ask them. I bet their answer will be no.

I’ll try tomorrow to find some time to put my measurement results together to give some indication. Ragwo is right! I would say there is no difference sound wise between the latest DOS1 version and the latest DOS2 version. I measured a Phantom Silver with DOS1 and then DOS2. My first observations are that the frequency response is the same. But let me do the analysis and then report with graphs. I made many recordings from 10Hz-30kHz but need to tidy up. A WE full of sweeps in my home Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Definitive answer on DOS2 and sound change? - by streamy - 09-Apr-2021, 21:31