Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Phantom Premier Line Coming February 2nd 2021
(07-Feb-2021, 16:01)ARandomMan Wrote:
(07-Feb-2021, 15:55)Gridphoenix Wrote:
(07-Feb-2021, 14:14)ARandomMan Wrote: 1) Airplay isn’t Bluetooth, it offers CD quality streaming whereas the Bluetooth (AptX) on Phantom doesn’t. No difference in quality between Airplay 1 and 2 also. 
2) On Qualcomm’s website it does say AptX is supported by the Phantoms but it doesn’t confirm this on the Devialet website, not sure which one is correct. But if you are streaming from an Apple device it will be of no use as Apple devices do not support AptX. 
3) Highest quality would require either RAAT (Roon), upnp, or optical in your case. But do remember at the moment all hi res audio is downsampled to 24/48. 
4) I’ve heard the Cabasse Pearls in Harrods last year. In my opinion no comparison at all, to be frank nothing in the price range or double or possibly triple the price of the Phantom 108db comes close. 
If you do decide to get the Phantom, you definitely will not be disappointed with the sound quality. The only real downside to the Phantom is the software, which is shocking. But if you can get past this you’ll be having easily the best speaker on the market in its price range.

Thanks a lot. I will order them now. One questions remains: are the treepods high enough? Or do I have to put the phantoms on treepods on a shelf or podium. Thx.

Michael

The trees will be perfect on the floor. Smile 
Are you getting 2 Phantoms?

Yes! My wife finally agreed :-) They are black now :-)))

Michael

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Phantom Premier Line Coming February 2nd 2021 - by Gridphoenix - 07-Feb-2021, 16:03