Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to achieve HiRes Streaming on Phantoms
Roon Core is always a nice option as it opens many doors to streaming audio, given that you also have Tidal or Qobuz.

So to narrow the initial question down: how to get Hi-Res.
As mentioned before, if you have a stereo pair anything will be mixed down to 24bit/48kHz as @ogs mentioned. Even connecting a Node 2i will not change that if you planned to use Optical and not RCA (skipping the DAC of the Phantiom). The other option, would be to run the Phantoms into Direct Mode.. in that case you could use two optical cables but you will need to split into steroe somehow. Toslink is capped at 24/96 i believe.

So the only easy solution i guess is to not use the DAC of the Phantom at all and go from your Streamer/DAC such as Node2i straight into two RCA/mini-jack cables. You will need to break stero mode, and just use 2x sets of RCA cables to minijack. Ommitting right channel on left speaker and vice versa. This way you will havr proper analogue Left and Right, while the streamer Node2i/Raspberry will also do DAC. this way you can stream at whatever bitrate your DAC allows you and thus only uses the Phantom for amplification.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to achieve HiRes Streaming on Phantoms - by edgecrush3r - 16-Apr-2021, 15:59