Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to achieve HiRes Streaming on Phantoms
(16-Apr-2021, 18:43)ogs Wrote:
(16-Apr-2021, 15:59)edgecrush3r Wrote: not use the DAC of the Phantom

I think this is not possible. There is no way of bypassing the DAC in any of Devialet's products AFAIK. The Reactor (Phantom II) has an additional ADC (like Expert amps) for digitizing analog signals, but this is again run through DAC stages after cross over and other DSP corrections (SAM etc.). Phantom I is similar, but has only digital inputs. If it is Optical direct you refer to it only reduces latency by bypassing some of the "expensive" DSP functions.

ADC Sad that would mean everything gets re/sampled even if you put a nice DAC in front. Thats painfull Confused I thought that the Analogue signal would just pass through and not go through an ADC=>DAC as that would completely destroy anything near bit-perfect streaming. An ADC is needed when steropair is used (transmission to the other speaker would be digital), however i hope that the Analogue signal would not pass a ADC/DAC combo if you dont use pair them as stereo (as there is no need for ADC in that case). This exposes some serious limitations for HiRes streaming if ADC is always in the path of the signal.

Maybe we can test something and measure the output using a UMK-MK1 mic or something similar: https://appuals.com/how-to-determine-the...udio-file/
Stereo Phantom 600's matte black on legs + RPI3 with DAC/DSP-Hifiberry with Allo Nirvana PSU+ MacMini (Roon Core) with Ludic Heimdall Netfilter/PSU

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to achieve HiRes Streaming on Phantoms - by edgecrush3r - 16-Apr-2021, 18:48