Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP streaming hints
Lightbulb 
Couple of hints for those who use UPnP streaming...

Force a LAN connection to 100 Mbit on the LAN port on which Devialet is connected (router or managed switch), since for some reason Devialet does not like the Gbit network. Mostly people here have complained about Roon and hi-res files, but it definitely applies also to UPnP.

On Gbit network occasionally (sometimes even couple of times in just one hour of listening) there are some pretty annoying "glitches" - 5-6 seconds pause from time to time, some "cracking" noises and similar - usually on the beginning of the track.

Since I'm forcing 100 Mbit connection (about a month so far) on my ASUS RT-AC66U B1 router, everything works just perfect - not even one "glitch".

Also, whoever uses Tidal and/or Qobuz via UPnP (with e.g. BubbleUPnP Android app) in order to have working functionality to rewind/jump in tracks, FFmpeg decoding for all audio formats needs to be forced for Devialet renderer.  For some reason Devialet has a problem (bug) with FLAC streaming - from Tidal, Qobuz and also from local server. This, of course, means that the mobile phone is doing the transcoding. However, I did not notice any negative effects on the sound quality with the Xiaomi Mi 9 mobile phone. For local server I use FLAC transcoding on server.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Messages In This Thread
UPnP streaming hints - by Delija - 23-Jan-2021, 01:36
RE: UPnP streaming hints - by dtdt - 05-Feb-2022, 18:26
RE: UPnP streaming hints - by CongoFather - 25-Jun-2023, 20:40
RE: UPnP streaming hints - by Delija - 06-Feb-2022, 20:36
RE: UPnP streaming hints - by PJmusic - 23-May-2023, 12:52