Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today i added a cambridge cxn v2 to my reactors 900,wow
(31-Jul-2021, 00:35)njaiswal Wrote:
(27-Jul-2021, 10:09)fLexOdder Wrote: Using a streamer makes it more usable to the others completing my household. Also Devialet app vs an app like blueOS or StreamMagic makes them listening to music way more often because user experience is not just a tiny bit better (at least for us)

I am in the same boat as you... My wife was literally going to throw every phantom out of the house because she couldn't deal with switching apps for volume control.  Hence my migration to Dante and integrating my Anthem, JBL and Symetrix receivers with Savant... now the family uses a single remote to watch TV, play music and control the volume.  

Before Dante, I was using a Sonos connect to control a pair of phantoms and found that to be a good option as well.  The challenge is that using DOS2, the phantoms volume gets reset periodically, so you'll need to use the app to reset it.

I will 'only' be using 2 Phantoms and not the enormous amount of devices you seem to be using Tongue . There is no question for me to be using a streamer for transporting radio, tv sound and streaming music for as long Spotify is not going to deliver at least CD quality. I know the buzz about them getting there but it still is very quite around upgrading the quality. If they do ánd Devialet will be able to use this via Spotify Connect then the extra streamer might not be necessary. I connect the TV via optical and use Spotify Hifi for music streaming. 

For now I am still looking to use a streamer. What I do not understand at the moment is that John mentions a difference in sound quality now that he's using the Cambridge CXN. Is this because of the Reactors are being used analog and the DAC of the Cambridge is being used (including upsampling and things like that)? In my opinion the Phantom 1s will only be connected via an optical link and therefor the digital output from the streamer will be used. That way the DAC of the streamer won't do anything in terms of help to get better sound. The DAC on the Phantom will be used after it has provided by a digital source. If that is the case then maybe I can save some money and use a streamer like Bluesound NODE instead. I have read the NODE has a less capable DAC but if I can only use the digital output between my streamer and Phantoms it is worthless to invest in an external DAC. Are my thoughts correct?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Today i added a cambridge cxn v2 to my reactors 900,wow - by fLexOdder - 04-Aug-2021, 08:45