Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mytek Brooklyn Bridge & alternatives - Questions, and Opinions Invited
(31-Jan-2021, 17:44)Damon Wrote: Thanks for the replies. The NAD products I will look into, as those product numbers are not familiar to me. The Bluesound Node 2i could work, but my feeling is that it would be a sideways move. But I agree that it is a very good alternative to Sonos otherwise.

The Auralic's are likely beyond my budget limit. Alas.
If SQ was important, then the NAD C658 with Dirac Live & BluOS would be better than the Node 2i.  The NAD M12 is more than double the price of the C658, so way beyond budget.

The Auralic Altair G1 is a bit more than the Lumin D2, but highly rated by the boss at AS
https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/r...amer-r897/
The only downside is that it has only a native Apple phone app, no Android.

(31-Jan-2021, 17:44)Damon Wrote: Thanks for this clarification. XLR vs AES/EBU makes sense now, even to me.  Idea Using the RCA connections was the system that was suggested to me. Is there a disadvantage to connecting the Mytek to the Devialet this way? Is it an inferior or less-desirable connection? I understand the analogue RCA out can be a fixed volume, which is what I want.
Many of the streamer DACs have the ability to provide a fixed digital volume; you will need to check individual manuals to confirm.  It may be called different things in the manual eg. fixed volume, bypass volume, disable volume control etc..

With Mytek to Devialet via RCA. you are going through 2 additional conversion steps
Mytek convert digital to analog -> Devialet converts analog to digital and later converts digital to analog
You could argue that the Devialet has superior A2D processor, therefore you cannot hear the difference. BUT, the 2 additional steps will change things...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mytek Brooklyn Bridge & alternatives - Questions, and Opinions Invited - by Snoopy8 - 31-Jan-2021, 23:24