Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mytek Brooklyn Bridge & alternatives - Questions, and Opinions Invited
(01-Feb-2021, 19:40)Confused Wrote: I thought of the Cambridge CXN....

It ticks a few boxes, it has both analogue and S/PDIF outputs, has USB in, so you can use a music server.  Plus, I recall you liked your Cambridge CD player, which perhaps bodes well for sound quality via the digital output to the Devialet.  I believe you can select fixed or variable output, but this will apply to both analogue and digital, does fixed analogue output work for you?

Then I noticed that Deezer support is offered but via Chromecast or AirPlay, I guess that is not "proper" Deezer support?  Maybe it is actually OK?
Definitely, the CXN V2 is a contender. Ironically, the better Azur 851N does not make it, no digital out!  And there is a note on Deezer
https://techsupport.cambridgeaudio.com/h...ers-Deezer

(01-Feb-2021, 19:40)Confused Wrote: EDIT: and to back up @Snoopy8 's earlier comment, this recent post is relevant:

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-my-syste...9#pid99229
Interesting.  I have my doubts that the A2D has been upgraded in the Pro range..  

(02-Feb-2021, 01:53)Damon Wrote: Secondly, I think that a digital out is essential; that eliminates the Brooklyn Bridge and the Aurlic Altair G1, both of which are available used at the moment.
Also eliminate NAD C658, no digital out.

(02-Feb-2021, 01:53)Damon Wrote: The NAD M12 and the similar integrated M32 amp do everything I want, but I am not certain about the streaming quality. @thumb5 you are quite correct that the kitchen system SQ is not as important. I know the NAD stuff uses the BluOS set up, and I hope that it is better than say, a Bluesond Node or Vault, even just based on power supplies. But that is a guess and hope.
You should have no worries about the NAD M12 and its SQ and streaming. Build quality, particularly the NAD Master series is a big step up from Node & Vault; better case, components, power supply, analog stages etc....  It uses the same BluOS as BlueSound (same parent company). BluOS is probably the easiest to set up and use phone/tablet app around.  Looks good and is regularly enhanced and updated.

If M12 does not break the bank, that is my suggestion going forward...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mytek Brooklyn Bridge & alternatives - Questions, and Opinions Invited - by Snoopy8 - 02-Feb-2021, 02:20