Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mytek Brooklyn Bridge & alternatives - Questions, and Opinions Invited
(02-Feb-2021, 03:16)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 02:43)ICUDoc Wrote: Leaving out the amplification part, do you think the Auralic Vega 2.1 sounds as good as / better than the Devialet?
I think this will be an apple vs a pear comparison....

Firstly, the Vega has a streamer, the Expert Pro needs one.  You have mentioned the lack of amplification in the Vega.  Also, how do you compare the technology such as SAM, ADH etc.. that the Expert Pro has, which I think provides the biggest value?  Is it even possible to isolate everything else and compare the DAC only?
Fair.
Maybe the right question is: Can the Vega 2.1 be part of a system that exceeds the ultimate SQ of the Devialet?
But I take your point- very different machines.
I am contemplating a Streamer / DAC to go in front of my Gryphon Antileon: I was wondering if it would be better than the D440 Expert Pro CI
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mytek Brooklyn Bridge & alternatives - Questions, and Opinions Invited - by ICUDoc - 02-Feb-2021, 09:11