Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mytek Brooklyn Bridge & alternatives - Questions, and Opinions Invited
(02-Feb-2021, 09:11)ICUDoc Wrote: Maybe the right question is: Can the Vega 2.1 be part of a system that exceeds the ultimate SQ of the Devialet?
But I take your point- very different machines.
I am contemplating a Streamer / DAC to go in front of my Gryphon Antileon: I was wondering if it would be better than the D440 Expert Pro CI
Understand your question now.  

Wow, a Gryphon Antileon, paired with a Auralic Vega 2.1 versus D440 Expert Pro paired with say a Auralic Aries G2.1
  • Comparing amplifiers:  Pure Class A vs Class A & Class D with ADH and SAM.  Both have plenty of power. I think this could be personal preference because the Expert Pro has a different sound signature to others.  
  • Comparing DACs: Vega 2.1 DAC vs Devialet Magic Wire DAC.  Devialet claim the signal path from DAC to amplifier is short and very good.  Need a top analog inter connect between the Vega and Gryphon, otherwise Expert Pro could be slightly ahead
  • Comparing streamers.  I suspect the streamers are the same, with similar power supplies, internal clocks, chassis.  Need a top digital cable into Expert Pro, otherwise Vega could be slightly ahead because it feeds internally to DAC.
I suspect the differences are small from a technology viewpoint.  Will need someone to compare them side by side, to then talk about SQ differences, detail, sound stage etc. etc.

Not sure this is enough to answer your question though?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mytek Brooklyn Bridge & alternatives - Questions, and Opinions Invited - by Snoopy8 - 02-Feb-2021, 13:06