Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Phantoms not supporting anything higher than 24bits/48Khz
And we have som info from Devialet:

”In the DOS 2.12.3 release, Devialet has upgraded the audio pipeline from 16 to 24 bits, which provides the pipeline sound quality superior to all previously published DOS versions. We chose to limit the input sampling rate to 96 kHz to ensure stability and performance. Indeed, in some situations (depending on network conditions and the number of speakers), there may be stability issues with 176.4/192 kHz. Even though we do not limit the input file sampling rate on UPnP for compatibility purposes, we do recommend that our users limit playback to 96 kHz / 24 bits, if it is supported by their UPnP server. In any case, our operating system processes Roon and UPnP inputs in exactly the same way and may resample the original stream at the end of the signal path to ensure maximum stability.”

I have accepted this and I am happy for now. I think the system can go further and hope they go that way in the future

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantoms not supporting anything higher than 24bits/48Khz - by howcho - 02-Mar-2021, 19:58