Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Phantoms not supporting anything higher than 24bits/48Khz
(04-Feb-2021, 17:07)howcho Wrote: So some impressions on my new DOS2 Phantom Golds, with MQA Masters with Node2i through optical and Dialog. It is like you had Tesla model s ludicrous performance and now you have Volkswagen 3id. The original Golds are a hidden jewel for high-end freaks like myself, quite remarkable and with unique possibilities like the ludicrous mode hidden on Tesla. The DOS2 24/48 is an ID3. I want my Tesla back. I am worried for Devialet, they are struggling to please everyone and being on top of both the hardware and software  - maybe it is time for Apple to buy them?

I enjoy the car analogy.  I have done the same to explain why I would or would not recommend the speaker to everyone.  What I liked about the speakers when I first got them was that they could be the ludicrous Tesla for me (when I had the time and patience) and a minivan for everyone else. With the last update, the speakers for the moment out of commission.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantoms not supporting anything higher than 24bits/48Khz - by JDtheJD - 04-Feb-2021, 19:28