Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can DOS 2 Phantoms reproduce acoustic programme above 24kHz?
(07-Feb-2021, 16:32)streamy Wrote: Let’s wait and see what @struts can record once he receives the UMIK-2.

So, I played the 24/192 versions of @streamy's test files via my Phantom Golds (which are on the 2.12.5 firmware) using Audirvana (UPnP) over Wifi and measured the output with the UMIK-2.  Unfortunately, as we suspected, there is no acoustic output above 24kHz.  The 1kHz, 20kHz and 22kHz tones all show very clearly (see below) but there is no trace of the 25kHz tone, either in the file where it is mixed with the 1kHz tone or on its own.  Unfortunately I don't have any hi res-capable device with an optical output that I can use to repeat this test in optical direct mode.  I will repeat this test with the 24/96 versions of these files when I receive them but don't expect any different outcome.  @streamy has offered to repeat my tests on his system with DOS 1 so we can finally get to the bottom of this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can DOS 2 Phantoms reproduce acoustic programme above 24kHz? - by struts - 03-Mar-2021, 17:45