Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can DOS 2 Phantoms reproduce acoustic programme above 24kHz?
(04-Feb-2021, 22:51)struts Wrote: Good catch @ogs, had forgotten about that review.  Unfortunately mitchco only says that his measurements are based on a sweep from 10Hz to 24kHz, implying (but not actually stating explicitly) that the limitation was in the test signal.

In other news I have ordered a UMIK-2 measurement mic which can sample up to 32/192.  Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great you opened this thread! I’m fully with you when I asked if someone could make hires analog measurements a few days ago. I also saw the specs of the new UMIK-2 that will be able to answer the question. Unfortunately, it was sold out, so I did not consider to buy it as of yet. But great you did. According to the specifications the Gold Phantoms should play a 25kHz sine signal at higher than -6dB. This can then be recorded with the UMIK-2 when the sine signal is fed to the Phantoms with 24/96k or 24/192k. With 24/48k a 25k sine signal will be highly distorted due to aliasing. I’m looking forward to your results and would offer to make measurements on a DOS1 Phantom Gold system when you would lend me your UMIK-2 in case you have upgraded to DOS2.
Again thanks for your interest in investing here. For me it is surely important for taking decision to go for RAAT and DOS2 instead of the current system with RPi hats and Roon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can DOS 2 Phantoms reproduce acoustic programme above 24kHz? - by streamy - 05-Feb-2021, 17:30