Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can DOS 2 Phantoms reproduce acoustic programme above 24kHz?
(07-Feb-2021, 10:03)struts Wrote:
(06-Feb-2021, 22:15)streamy Wrote: Indeed, that’s also what I start to question. Anyway, let me mention in what is the audiable part 20-20k I’m very happy with the performance of the Gold Phantoms.

Yes, same here, although mine are in our kitchen/dining area so 99% of the time they are playing background music while we are cooking or eating.  That said this is the system in the house that gets used the most by far!

But I can’t help feeling that this is both sad and ironic.  After all the anguish about support for hi res, 24/192, 24/96, speculation about which DAC chips, which inputs, which vintages of units, and attempts to divine the truth from contradictory spec sheets it turns out that Phantoms of all vintages may well have been ASRC-ing everything to 24/48 internally all along.  I don’t know whether to laugh or cry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it quite hilarious. If it has been 24/48 all the way, placebo has fooled me time after time. It's just wonderful how our brain works! Reminds me of the time when I was tuning a PA with the parametric EQ in bypass mode. It took a while before I realized what was going on. I had tuned the PA in that venue hundred times before, and placebo hit me hard in the forehead. Still makes me laugh. 
@streamy Thanks for investigating into the matter, clever way to discover what's going on.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can DOS 2 Phantoms reproduce acoustic programme above 24kHz? - by ragwo - 07-Feb-2021, 12:51