Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can DOS 2 Phantoms reproduce acoustic programme above 24kHz?
(08-Feb-2021, 21:32)streamy Wrote:
(08-Feb-2021, 20:44)ogs Wrote: The most important here is after all @struts ' plan to get measurements from Phantoms. I'm exited about this and really looking forward to see some graphs!

Indeed for me the most important question here is what gets out to these wonderful speakers. Depending on this I most probably will adjust what I’m feeding in. The rationale about that is that I love everything I get from them in terms of frequency range, dynamics, compactness, ease of use (even better with RAAT), WAF, reliability (5years old and playing at 100+ dB without having to be concerned about damaging them), I could name much more... I’m asking myself should I continue to buy hires, pay more for 24/192k than for 24/96k or 24/48k when I’m fine with the latter. I checked and saw that I purchased in the last years on Qobuz around 500+ albums with a resolution higher that 24/48k.

Even if your system would not reproduce above red book or if our ear could not hear beyond red book, buying high res could still make sense since most of the time, they are using a different master, very often with higher dynamic range than their red book equivalent.

In my opinion, the different master is the highest difference contributor between high Rez and red book.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can DOS 2 Phantoms reproduce acoustic programme above 24kHz? - by Jean-Marie - 09-Feb-2021, 07:18