Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Devialet 120 drive KEF 203/2 Reference
(07-Feb-2015, 08:52)Jnan_devi Wrote:
(07-Feb-2015, 08:39)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(07-Feb-2015, 01:29)Jnan_devi Wrote: Thanks jjo. This is educational for me. In the picture you can see i have RA1570 (going crazy with decision making for upgrade) driving KEF 203/2. Obviously I have similar issues with low volume + this (RA1570) one needs to warm up for at least 30mins. By then my daily evening quota of listening gets done (reading news paper or novel etc).

Heard by local dealer, that Devialets dont need warming time ? or its less time needed ? Any thoughts?

Anyway, for the few Watts it uses I'm not going to make a big deal out of it and just keep it on. I'll save the planet by driving less and walking more Wink 

Wink Yes i would leave this warming business here. Main topic is still ON. My KEFs are still not SAM ready. maybe i can still go ahead with D120 and then use something which is close enough specs to KEF 203 (maybe a B&W 804) - Stupid ? or use it without SAM enabled until they get my speaker model SAM ready.

No I wouldn't use a SAM profile for another speaker. It's designed around the 'faults' of the speaker and it's less than perfect time alignment. If you were to use a different SAM profile you will probably make it sound worse. 
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Devialet 120 drive KEF 203/2 Reference - by Pim - 07-Feb-2015, 10:03