Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premier Silver Airplay 2 Capable?
(25-Mar-2021, 03:41)madthesurfer Wrote: Hello folks,
I have 2 Premier Silvers from early 2019 in a stereo setup through Dialog, all airplay enabled.  
I am still on the DOS1 and and even though I’ve read quite a lot about the DOS2 I could not figure if my current speakers and the Dialog are going to be Airplay 2 capable if I were to upgrade to DOS2, or is this only for new line of Pahantom I’s?

And given that I mostly use my Phantoms to listen Spotify using Spotify connect and rarely have connections issues and such with my PLC connection, do you think it is worth upgrading to DOS2?

Thanks for the replies in advance!
Charlie

My understanding is that for all Phantoms with an MFi chip (i.e. all that support Airplay 1), Airplay 2 is enabled in firmware 2.12.3 and later with no additional hardware version requirements.  

As to whether or not to update that is a tough one.  I have had no significant problems since updating my mid-2017 Phantom Golds to DOS 2, which is also the case for many others here.  Unfortunately the opposite is also the case for many others here who have suffered severe and seemingly intractable problems.  For this reason I don't consider the update to DOS 2 a "no brainer".  Have a look at the release note above and decide if there is any compelling reason for you to update (for me it was roon RAAT support).  If not then there is a lot to be said for "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Premier Silver Airplay 2 Capable? - by struts - 25-Mar-2021, 10:54
Premier Silver Airplay 2 Capable? - by struts - 25-Mar-2021, 13:39
Premier Silver Airplay 2 Capable? - by struts - 25-Mar-2021, 17:04
Premier Silver Airplay 2 Capable? - by struts - 25-Mar-2021, 22:56
Premier Silver Airplay 2 Capable? - by struts - 29-Mar-2021, 06:27