Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premier Silver Airplay 2 Capable?
Hi Charlie,

I had a similar setup, DOS 1 + dialog + 2 x phantom silver. Optical to dialog and PLC from dialog to phantoms. This setup worked flawlessly.

When I Upgraded to DOS 2, I could not get dialog to work at all (this might have changed with newer versions of DOS 2, but at the time, it seemed that dialog was not supported at all). I was forced to re-wire my wall with build in wires only for PLC, to include the optical cable to the left phantom.
At the time, this seemed like the way to go with DOS 2 - people dropped dialog and let one phantom distribute to the other.
I have since had mixed experiences and drop-outs, I suspect mainly because my setup has went from being completely independant of wifi (the dialog was on ethernet), to now depend on it.
I have tried to set both phantoms to prefer PLC, but I am still uncertain if this helps.

I am not bashing DOS 2. I realise that this is the new common platform for all phantoms and it brings new features, so I am going along and hope that bumps will be ironed out.

Cheers,
Jacob

PS I totally agree with struts - if you have a stable system, and are not in need of anything specific in DOS 2, then stay with your stable well-sounding system and be happy about it.
Regarinding airplay, then it depends on both phantom and dialog hardware version. I suspect, that if your phantom currently support airplay 1, then it will now support airplay 2 under DOS 2, if the dialog will, I don't know. In my setup, it went from being the dialog that exposed airplay to now being on of the phantoms in a stereo setup.
2 Silver Phantoms, 2 Reactor 600, 2 remotes, Dialog, Geckos, located in Denmark

Messages In This Thread
RE: Premier Silver Airplay 2 Capable? - by jacob - 25-Mar-2021, 11:05
Premier Silver Airplay 2 Capable? - by struts - 25-Mar-2021, 13:39
Premier Silver Airplay 2 Capable? - by struts - 25-Mar-2021, 17:04
Premier Silver Airplay 2 Capable? - by struts - 25-Mar-2021, 22:56
Premier Silver Airplay 2 Capable? - by struts - 29-Mar-2021, 06:27