Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEVIALET POWER AMP, Will there ever be a power amp...
(23-Apr-2021, 07:18)chrisc Wrote: … Every input goes via an AD conversion process.… The AD is done at 24bit 192KHz

The first statement is obviously incorrect and I don't think that is quite correct.

Not all inputs go via an AD conversion process. Digital inputs are already digital so can't be converted from analog to digital and they don't go through any AD conversion process. That's the obvious wrong statement and I'm sure you meant to say "Every analogue input" but missing out the word "analogue" turns what would be a correct statement into a very incorrect one.

Now to the second statement. The highest resolution digital input an Expert Pro can accept is 24 bit 192 kHz but my understanding is that all digital inputs are actually upscaled to a higher resolution for the DSP operations the amp does. If I remember correctly, the Expert Pro uses a 30 or 32 bit 384 kHz data stream internally so all AD conversions would be done at that resolution and all digital input signals would be upscaled to that resolution.

As you say, the result is superb.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: DEVIALET POWER AMP, Will there ever be a power amp... - by David A - 23-Apr-2021, 20:35