Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEVIALET POWER AMP, Will there ever be a power amp...
(25-Apr-2021, 00:43)Pim Wrote: I'm a bit surprised that nobody knew what sample rate they Expert converts to. It's actually an option when you use an analog input to choose between 24/96 and 24/192 in advanced settings.

Be careful, those settings are only affecting the ADC of the analog inputs, absolutely not the the bit depth nor the sampling frequency of the DAC. 

I’m absolutely positive, although I cannot find back the paper from Devialet stating it that internally, floating point is used, so there is a decoupling between the bit depth of the inputs and what is submitted to the DAC. 

The same holds for frequency which once again, but my memory could betray me, I remember to have read to be above 192kHz which mean perfect sense to be able to do the kind of DSP work that SAM requires. 

Jean-Marie.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: DEVIALET POWER AMP, Will there ever be a power amp... - by Jean-Marie - 25-Apr-2021, 08:51