Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Phantom II's or used Silvers (stereo)?
(04-May-2021, 11:19)northern29 Wrote: @Snoopy8, provided that the used ones have been updated to Dos2, and they were in pristine condition, would you still go for new Phantom II's instead? If so, I gather you are of the opinion that the difference in sound quality isn't dramatic?
For context, my journey here.

I found that the Silver had too much bass when compared to the Gold.  I compared a pair of Golds side by side to the Reactor 900s (sorry, still used to old names!) and found that while the Golds were slightly better, I could live with the Reactor 900s.  Unfortunately, I have not compared Silvers to the Reactors. 

If you go used Silvers, make sure they are on DOS2 and have a manufacturing date  close to one another. There have been odd occasions when an owner had a successful software update on one but not the older one.

(04-May-2021, 11:19)northern29 Wrote: As for placement, unfortunately, I'll probably have to place them closer to the wall than I would prefer, maybe even on Geckos. (I have two toddlers running around...) I'm hoping to run Dirac (windows 10 - DLNA - Phantom) to take care of the worst issues from the room.
Close to one wall is OK, but please, not in the corner.  Dirac will help.  As for toddlers. they can be taught to keep away from dad's/mum's toys!  The Reactors are smaller and easier to fence off; also, it is easy enough to disconnect and re-connect.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Phantom II's or used Silvers (stereo)? - by Snoopy8 - 05-May-2021, 02:01