Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Static - A Shocking Experience
(05-May-2021, 13:14)baconbrain Wrote: Well what can I say? Probably nothing  but RTFM ....

After digging out the Owner's Manual for the Rack, I found this:

Clearly, I missed this when putting the Rack together and it certainly explains why I am having the issues with Static, in particular with my Turntable.

Still, if someone could explain to me why this is needed (in simple terms), I would certainly appreciate it.

Live and Learn ...

Hi my Bavarian friend  Wink, the central earthing point is always the full or preamplifier.  The reason here all small signal connections converge!  It would make more sense to make a star grounding, from the amplifier to each device an extra grounding line!

Yes, attach the hand strap to the rack, the clamp to the power cleaner or power strip!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria

Messages In This Thread
Static - A Shocking Experience - by baconbrain - 04-May-2021, 19:03
RE: Static - A Shocking Experience - by K4680 - 04-May-2021, 19:34
RE: Static - A Shocking Experience - by K4680 - 05-May-2021, 15:29
RE: Static - A Shocking Experience - by K4680 - 06-May-2021, 06:43