Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Static - A Shocking Experience
(05-May-2021, 21:32)baconbrain Wrote: Thanks Gentlemen, the explanations and suggestions certainly help.

@TechGuy The ground loop avoidance I understand, but my assumption would have been that since there is a grounding cable between the turntable and turntable amplifier, that should take care of it, and I have not had any issues with hum, etc. Still not sure how the metal chasis of the rack comes into play when the Turntable itself, and the TT Amplifier, sit on a Platform atop the rack with a shelf made of really thick glass plating.

@K4680 The star grounding idea sounds like a good one but with my setup, I am not sure which component to use as the hub. I guess it all comes together at the Trinnov, so that would logically be the prime candidate .... The other issue of course is that not all components have a grounding post/connector, so does one just screw the grounding cable somewhere to the metal chasis?

Hi Baconbrain, it makes the most sense to ground the chassis, a screw etc .. I would advise against grounding chinch sockets or other.
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria

Messages In This Thread
Static - A Shocking Experience - by baconbrain - 04-May-2021, 19:03
RE: Static - A Shocking Experience - by K4680 - 04-May-2021, 19:34
RE: Static - A Shocking Experience - by K4680 - 05-May-2021, 15:29
RE: Static - A Shocking Experience - by K4680 - 06-May-2021, 06:43