Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon keeps skipping to next track, doesn’t play
Did you by chance just sigh up for Qobuz or some other streaming service and is this problem only occurring with Qobuz or the streaming service?

I signed up for Qobuz a few weeks ago and got what sounds like a similar problem whenever I tried to play something from Qobuz. Roon was telling me I was logged in and it would show Qobuz content exactly as it should appear in the Roon Remote app on my iPad. I'd select an album and press "play", the first track would start playing according to the progress bar but I didn't get any sound and after 3 seconds playback would jump to the next track, again 3 seconds without sound then jump to the next track, and this would just repeat until the end of the album when Roon would show an error message saying playback had been stopped because of too many errors. Roon worked fine with music from my own server, the problem only occurred when I tried to stream from Qobuz.

I contacted Qobuz support and eventually they got back to me with an account of the problem and a fix. When you sign up for Qobuz you do 2 things, you create an account with a password and you sign up for a specific plan. Logging in requires you to provide your email address and password and once you're logged in you can see all of the available content. When you try to play something there is a check at Qobuz's end to see what play you have. That's where the problem was. For some reason Qobuz's system didn't record my my credit card details properly so it didn't actually register me as having a plan and that's why I couldn't play anything. I was advised to log in to Qobuz again using Google Chrome rather than Safari and go through the plan selection process again. I did, this time things worked and I got a message saying I could start streaming so I logged back in again via Roon and Qobuz has worked perfectly since.

So, while I was using Roon when the problem occurred, the problem had nothing to do with Roon. Roon was doing everything perfectly but I couldn't stream from Qobuz because Qobuz would not stream to me because of a problem with my Qobuz account.

So, if the problem is only with Qobuz or some other streaming service like Tidal, I'd suggest contacting the streaming service's support people and checking whether the problem is at their end. It may be that the problem has nothing to do with Roon or your network and is actually an issue with your account with your streaming service.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon keeps skipping to next track, doesn’t play - by David A - 07-May-2021, 10:08