Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to distinguish a reactor 900 from a 600?
Those links where really helpfull, much abliged!
I made the purchase this morning, it was a 900watt version indeed so i did not hesitate.
Took it home, plugged it in and haven't been able to switch it off, 7 hrs later and counting .

I have to partially disagree about the stereo thingy:
Sure, it is nice to get submerged in the music you play, the second channel opening another dimension, placing you in the ambiance the music was recorded, as it were.
However this effect is not always desirable or practical. Listening in stereo is much more distracting then mono. This can be annoying at best for instance when listening ro music and having a conversation at the same time and hazardous performing other tasks like operating machinery while listening. This reactor will be on duty on my sailingboat whilst sailing, cooking, sewing sails doing odd jobs. So i keep the music "flat" and use both ears to pinpoint trouble in 3d, like a ripping sail or an approaching cargoship haha.
Apart from that i really think mono has an often overlooked appeal. Perhaps my ears are (over) sensitive to time delays and in mono there is none other than the distance between your both ears. I have found myself charmed by single speakers time and again. But.. for those, safely docked, listening sessions i might just get another egg!

Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to distinguish a reactor 900 from a 600? - by Zstarsky - 24-May-2021, 18:42