Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Moving on to class A/B and separate streamer
(29-Jun-2021, 15:58)Delija Wrote: Exactly. Compare it with 250 Pro or 440 Pro.

And also - it is speaker dependent which amp will sound better.
Excellent point about speaker compatibility with certain amps.  Whether another amplifier subjectively sounds better than a Devialet amp is dependent on multiple aspects.  

My past preference for Devialet included its wonderfully elegant one-box sleight-of-hand, SAM profiles (when I had a speaker that had a SAM profile), Roon Ready capability and hybrid power amplification (ADH), among other things.  But those factors also had to mesh well with my audio ecosystem and there are other amps that might bring equal or more satisfaction to my proverbial table.  Plus, while it may not matter to some, I am eager to try full MQA decoding and the Leedh processing in Lumin streamers.

Anyway, I have been really pleased with my Devialet experience but am eager to try some other scenarios.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving on to class A/B and separate streamer - by Flashman - 30-Jun-2021, 01:44