Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few questions of Devialet 1, Dialogue and Multiple Device Input
(01-Jul-2021, 20:00)ragwo Wrote: Hi and welcome to DC!
Congratulations on your new speakers, they're amazing!

1. Your Dialog is just an optical input. When the Phantom was released back in 2015 you needed the Dialog for streaming and pairing speakers. After a software update in late 2019 the Dialog was obsolete but still can be used as an optical input.

If you have dropouts, connection problems or similar, connecting your speakers with ethernet cables to your router will probably solve the problem. I can't hear any difference in sound between WiFi and ethernet, but YMMV.

Each Phantom has an optical input hidden behind the power cable, just beside the ethernet input. The speakers will sort out stereo automagically. The toslink inputs only supports stereo, no surround.

Neither AirPlay nor AirPlay 2 is capable of streaming high resolution material as far as I know. You'll need to use UPnP or Roon to stream high res files.

Hi Thanks very much for your reply! I have a few question in regards of your reply.

2. I've read some thread of the forum which says you can directly connect 2 phantom by ethernet cable to maximise the stability and performance. Have you tried that before? The physical distance between my two phantom gold is only 2 meter so I've not experienced any dropout or connection problems though.

4. The AipPlay 2 is capable to stream Hi-Res. My friend stream the high-res to an Apple TV and the Apple TV shows 24Bit/48, not sure about 96 or 192 though. However, I am not quite sure of the UPnP or Roon, would you please provide some details about them?

Kind regards

Ramos

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few questions of Devialet 1, Dialogue and Multiple Device Input - by ramos - 02-Jul-2021, 09:28