Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015
I think that once Devialet get their act together the DIALOG will probably function well. Whether it'll meet the SQ criteria of some on this forum, I doubt. But then it only costs EUR299, which is less than some people spend on a USB cable. So having ordered a DIALOG at the beginning of January and seen my delivery date repeatedly slip, and knowing that the DIALOG won't work with my D200 before May at the earliest, I'm still pretty relaxed about the whole thing.

Sure there have been some cock-ups, PR blunders and unresolved glitches. But Devialet have done a few fundamental things right. They've produced an amp/DAC that's unrivalled for driving electrodynamic speakers, that looks beautiful, and is a joy to use (assuming you don't bank on AIR). Also the Phantom (which I've heard) is very clever and impressive, for what it is.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - by Jwg1749 - 04-Mar-2015, 00:19