Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015
(04-Mar-2015, 02:20)IanG-UK Wrote:
(03-Mar-2015, 23:22)NickB Wrote:
(03-Mar-2015, 23:14)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi All,

I really admire you for ordering. When my offer came from Dev I just laughed and deleted it due to that Dev' track record of late is a disaster and now reading this post confirms that. I have no intention to order anything or do any software until it is fully shown to work/function.
Slowly steaming my self up to the Munich event...

Sceptic/Mike

A disaster - really - mine still works when did yours stop?

Sorry nothing personal but just fed up with the constant negative bitching on this forum, I wonder if anyone here actually listens to their Devialet or spends all their time adjusting and moaning about it.

To be balanced, if you read posts from the early days of this forum, they were almost universally supportive. Indeed, if you read what might be considered this forum's predecessor, the huge thread on HiFi Wigwam, it could be alleged that that got closed, and then reopened but moved, because it was dominating that forum and because many owners were gushing and many non-owners were spiteful.

The bitching has arise because two of Devialet's four Expert USPs, AIR and EVO, do not work for many; because they've replaced a useful technical website with a useless marketing one; because their recent advertising is considered by many to be crass for a premier brand; because they now hardly ever release any useful information for existing users; and because even the Phantom and Dialog launch has been messed up in terms of product clarity and delivery promises.

So if you were scoring them over the last six months you might give them 2 out of 10. Perhaps in part because they have declined from such a high start point. 

Even Devialet themselves recognise that, and probably know that if there is a lot of discontent amongst existing owners, it won't be long before that spreads to dealers and distributors. These are technically time-consuming products for dealers and distributors when they don't work.

"Big boys toys" invariable provoke opinion swings far greater than warranted in the real world, but Devialet are in the world of big boys toys and need to react accordingly. And if you look at big boys toys in terms of top brand top model cars, those manufacturers simply don't let faults hang around, in silence, for months on end.

Ian, you certainly have your way with the words, so many thanks for that spot on background to why some of us have an extra tone of grumpiness in this forum. 

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - by Mikeeo - 04-Mar-2015, 12:10