Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015
(09-Apr-2015, 21:08)Confused Wrote: Mine arrived today, must be special delivery time for forum members.  Looks ok for what it is, mine is silver flake free, but does have a couple of shiny marks on the otherwise matt finish rubber.

The instruction manual is hilariously tiny!  I also found a top quality eathernet cable in the box.  (Grey and unbranded). Bonus!

As a point of note, it's 3 months late, and I have not recieved even a single email from Devialet to advise about delivery delays, the fact it won't actually work with an expert amp etc.  Very poor!  And some folk got freebies!

And for what it's worth, I have absolutely zero confidence that an update to allow expert range compatibility will be available by Munich, I think Devialet have too many things to fix at the moment and this just won't be high enough priority.  We shall see......

Yes I also had an Ethernet cable enclosed with mine - unfortunately too short for my Dialog's intended location, so will need to invest in a longer one  Undecided.

Very much hope you are wrong about the update not being available for Munich, but yes let's wait and see  Big Grin.

Next thing will be seeing how robust any update will be - it seems that the Phantom/Spark interface is a bit "flakey" at present, so if my confidence is at a low level it is in the belief that the Expert range/Spark interface will work successfully at first attempt  Confused.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - by brit - 09-Apr-2015, 21:44