Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015
I think memories are fading here a little.....

Back in December, when DIALOG was first announced, Devialet stated that is was compatible with the expert range via USB. No mention of "soon" or anything else.

In January, Devialet started taking orders via the rather silly invitation code system. I think it was March when they then announced the "mid 2015" date for Expert compatibility. I remember joking at the time that in Devialet speak "mid 2015" probably means Christmas, although with hindsight, this was actually rather optimistic.

If you check the original white paper for the DIALOG, it states "USB Asynchronous audio output for the Expert product line". So although it may have been designed specifically for the Phantom, Expert range compatibility was a stated design feature from day 1.

One thing that puzzles me. Guillaume mentioned good results can be achieved with a Cubox, Rasperry Pi etc. This is indeed true, so how hard can it be to get a DIALOG to output via USB. What's so damn difficult that it takes 12 months to achieve?? Unfathomable!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015 - by Confused - 20-Aug-2015, 12:49