Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you use an external streamer with an Expert Pro with CI?
I don't use a streamer myself and since I stand on the side of those who consider that what is happening before de DAC of the Devialet is properly taking care by the Devialet itself unless it turns our to a drop (please note that I'm not trying to argue whether I'm right or wrong, I'm just disclosing my perception and bias) I will not offer anything with regard to sound quality.

However, there is another aspect that can be a reason to use a streamer: If you don't use one, you have to maintain a computer or a more complex UPnP setup. If you use a streamer, you don't have to deal with any of those and can rely on a dedicated piece of hardware and software that is made just for that and that you operate pretty much like you would operate a CD player and forget about computers.

My two cents.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you use an external streamer with an Expert Pro with CI? - by Jean-Marie - 09-Sep-2021, 17:01