Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you use an external streamer with an Expert Pro with CI?
Indeed, we're not all made equal Smile

I DO use a media library, which is my primary source of music together with my record collection. And, despite I'm "just" 41, I'm a bit clumsy when it comes to setup stuff, and I'd like simple solutions with decent interfaces.

My Expert does not do UPnP, so I'm speaking from a couple of steps behind other forum members. I use a Node 2i connected to my Expert via SPDIF coaxial. The Node does what I define with the "streamer" monicker: does not require an active computer to work as a server, connects to a network, finds the music in the network, has a OS with a fairly intuitive and pleasant interface, hosts the various online streaming platforms.

A Naim Nova, through the Naim app, does what my Node+Expert couple does. The only drawback of the Naim streamers is that you need an actual NAS to browse your library.

I think that Devialet, which marketed their products as all-in-one (streamer included) since the D-Premier, has pushed the term. Personally, it seems that they don't care too much about the Expert line anymore, since they stopped updating their Air app. Or maybe, they just assume everyone would use Roon.
By the way, I tried Roon (all via ethernet connections): I stopped using it before the end of my free trial, because of some drop out events (very annoying, never had an issue with my Node), zero sound quality difference over the Node and the necessity to keep a computer active.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you use an external streamer with an Expert Pro with CI? - by docvale - 10-Sep-2021, 02:23