Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you use an external streamer with an Expert Pro with CI?
My take on things is that the ProCI has built in support for Spotify only. So unless I use Spotify, I need to have a different way to get a signal into the amp. I don't use ROON, and I don't have a computer near my hifi, nor do I want a NUC or other stuff that I don't understand. My experiences with UPnP in the past have been miserable, so me, a separate box that gathers the music sources is no big deal. Its just like a CD player/ transport.

Plus, the streamer offers me a whole bunch of streaming sources, not just Tidal (which I also do not like) as well as internet radio which is very important to us. Using a phone or tablet means that you are likely streaming using Bluetooth, although I don't see a BT streaming option on my iPhone when in Deezer or SimpleRadio.

Anyhow, the streamer seems to do a lot of things in one box, and so that qualifies as simple and effective to me.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you use an external streamer with an Expert Pro with CI? - by Damon - 13-Sep-2021, 15:50