Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damon's System
My, how the years fly by! And embarrassingly, the fireplace has not been attended to. I'll say that the fireplace refinishing is Jamie's project (wife). You will see however that we've updated furniture, and painted the red wall a dark brown (Ben Moore Bittersweet Chocolate, with adjacent wall in White Down; I know you'll all be dying to know the exact colours).

First is a pic of the beautiful and sonically wonderful Lawrence Audio Violin SE's, now in their new home in Ontario. Now I've adopted a set of the Dali Epicon 2, in piano black. Much smaller and clearly a better fit for our space, and the black is very stealthy. I've always tried to avoid the audio or TV shine effect. 

The Dali Epicon 2's are wonderful speakers. Tonally, the integration from treble to bass is seamless, and the mids (guitars, violins) are among the best I've heard for space and richness. My exposure is limited, certainly, but these are captivating. Jamie describes them as, 'warm and luscious'.* The bass is tight and overall, this speaker is very fast. See pic of Jamie and cat enjoying Kate Bush, Hounds of Love (Tin Drum by Japan cued up next).

There is less bass volume than with the Violins, but the Dali's can be surprising sometimes. SAM helps open up the mids while giving a bit more delineation to the bass; that is consistent with what I've found SAM to do in then past. Absolutely fatigue-free sound, yet really engaging. 

Since my power cable doesn't fit under the rear cover, I just rest it one the black support arms, and everything is tidy. Sorry pictures are crap.

There you have it: all the updates in my audio world. Cheers to all.

*BTW, I'd like to authorize the term, 'luscious' as a legitimate adjective for equipment commentary. I guess I'll have to accept 'warm' as Jamie said it without prompting, but you know how I feel about that. 

Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Damon's System - by Damon - 14-Feb-2015, 22:18
RE: Damon's System - by Pim - 14-Feb-2015, 23:24
RE: Damon's System - by thumb5 - 14-Feb-2015, 23:26
RE: Damon's System - by PhilP - 14-Feb-2015, 23:49
RE: Damon's System - by Damon - 15-Feb-2015, 02:37
RE: Damon's System - by thumb5 - 15-Feb-2015, 12:52
RE: Damon's System - by Rufus McDufus - 15-Feb-2015, 13:19
RE: Damon's System - by Damon - 15-Feb-2015, 19:09
RE: Damon's System - by Damon - 06-Dec-2020, 00:08
RE: Damon's System - by BoyScout - 06-Dec-2020, 01:31