Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damon's System
Thanks friends.

Pim van Vliet: the speakers are about 1.25 m/ 4' apart, and the centre chair is about 2.5m/ 8' back. Not ideal I know, but I find things are better away from the furniture. And since this is the living room, having more than one chair is not negotiable. ( I know because I've tried). The imaging is not bad; certainly the soundstage, or the big ball of music, with the Dev is twice the size that it was with the Naim. That is nice, but the way the Dev separates and unravels the components of the music is remarkable. There is a 'roundness', a front and a back to the sounds that I have not heard from my (entry level) Naim equipment, much as I liked it.

It is also interesting that sound 'picture'- imaging, perhaps- hangs together even when I am at my desk, which is about 5m or so back from the speakers. That is a complete change from before.

Thumb5: Thanks for the room compliments. Its a funny old house, so we stayed with the warmer style for the interior. Hey; just realized that your name and avatar are referring to a Warwick Thumb 5 bass. That is my guess, at least.

PhilP: Your input is always appreciated; your contributions on this forum and on the other side have been extremely helpful.  Even from a distance, I think I trust your ears, and your descriptions of your move to Devialet have been very helpful to me. And yes, it has been worth the wait. I relieved not to have moved to a Superuniti, and then discovered Devialet....

One final point; no UPnP and no N-stream or Naim app: an extra bit of bliss beyond the music!
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Damon's System - by Damon - 14-Feb-2015, 22:18
RE: Damon's System - by Pim - 14-Feb-2015, 23:24
RE: Damon's System - by thumb5 - 14-Feb-2015, 23:26
RE: Damon's System - by PhilP - 14-Feb-2015, 23:49
RE: Damon's System - by Damon - 15-Feb-2015, 02:37
RE: Damon's System - by thumb5 - 15-Feb-2015, 12:52
RE: Damon's System - by Rufus McDufus - 15-Feb-2015, 13:19
RE: Damon's System - by Damon - 15-Feb-2015, 19:09
RE: Damon's System - by Damon - 06-Dec-2020, 00:08
RE: Damon's System - by BoyScout - 06-Dec-2020, 01:31