Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence Devialet hasn't completely given up on the Expert Pro line
I recently priced up what I would need to buy Naim wise to replace my 250 - three boxes costing upwards of £20,000 (332/333/250) in the latest series, and thats with two more PS as 'optional upgrades'. Naim at the top end sounds great, but I confess that above a certain level of performance all the high end stuff sounds the same to me. It may be my 61 yr old ears with slight tinnitus from too many noisy gigs, but I do know that when I sit down and listen to my current system with either LPs or streaming it sounds absolutely fine.

I've recently optimised the streaming side a bit more by using AIR again (last year upgraded to M1 Macs) and moving the Mac mini away and upgraded to Mogami speaker cables. The LP side had a big upgrade last year with a Vertere DG-1, but the 250 lies at the system's heart and doesn't lack in any way.

I did correspond with Devialet last month. £3,500 odd to upgrade to PRO CI. Upgrades to the 250 are still available with no 'plans' to change that. It left me reassured that should anything happen to my 250 Devialet were still behind the product.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 NPX300 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire Acrylic Reference rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to AT VML540ML fine line stylus and Vertere Phono-1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evidence Devialet hasn't completely given up on the Expert Pro line - by DelaneyB - 17-Feb-2024, 11:49