Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London?
(16-Feb-2015, 23:33)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(16-Feb-2015, 22:59)PhilP Wrote: I may be in London later this week so I may drop in to take a look. My 6 year old son would love Harrods Wink

When they say the Dialog has huge storage I'm not clear what they mean? According to the white paper it has 1Gb RAM and there's no mention of an internal HDD. Do they just mean that you can connect a USB HD to it?

Yes, a bit strange. This is the first time I'm reading that the Dialog has internal storage. And then to say 'it's huge' rather than just what size hdd is inside... weird.

BTW, thanks for your report Ian. Going to work for Stereophile next?

Think their communication on storage and its location was (at least) unclear.

By the way, at Stereophile (or at HiFi News or at HiFi+ or ...) I think you have to have the ability to write pages of harmless commentary to offend no one and create enough pages to intersperse lots of advertisements, month after month. 

I would fail comfortably on all three criteria! And therefore be quickly sacked.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London? - by IanG-UK - 17-Feb-2015, 00:48