Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London?
(17-Feb-2015, 00:23)NickB Wrote:
(16-Feb-2015, 21:28)Confused Wrote: Splendid summary Ian, thanks!  One point I would make, if you look at the AIR user survey on this very forum, the white noise issue effects 38% of respondents, rather more that the 2 to 5% reported by Devialet.  Maybe we are an unlucky bunch here, maybe Devialet are trying to talk down the issue?  My view?  I suspect Devialet are perhaps understating the issue a touch.

You don't think that maybe people who don't have a problem don't take part in surveys about problems?

You might be right!  On the other hand, it could be considered that this forum is a bit of a Devialet fan club, so maybe people might make an extra effort to defend the cause?  One thing that is for sure, the number of respondents is too low to be statistically accurate and the results will in part be based on old versions of AIR etc.  I still suspect Devialet's 2 to 5% is an underestimate though.  There is no way of proving this, but I suspect the real figure is somwhere between Devialet's 5% and the 38% from this forum's survey.

Or to put it another way, I have little trust in anything that comes out of Devialet's communication machnine at the moment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London? - by Confused - 17-Feb-2015, 09:44